Wednesday, February 1, 2012

GROUNDHOG CUPCAKE FUN!!!


I had to share with you some ARCHIVE photos
of these EASY groundhog cupcakes I did 
LAST YEAR before I started blogging....




My kid thought the "shadow" was his poo poo.....KIDS THESE DAYS!! HA!




Oh the memories......

To find the printable and inspiration click HERE!

ALSO...HELLO!! I have to give my cupcake pop gone
viral Groundhog a chance to extend his 15 minutes of FAME....


Groundhog Cupcake Push Pop!



Yes...there is still time to make these!


Don't have a push pop?


WHO CARES ~ STOP the EXCUSES!


Assemble them in a drinking glass or mason jar.

To start, you need to whip up the little 
candy groundhog inspired by 
the idea found HERE at Family Fun. 



I used a mini snickers for the body.
Mini M&M's for the ears and nose
Softened pink starburst for his pink nose.
White fondant for eyes and teeth
Black Americolor Marker for eyes


Then bake up some yummy chocolate
mini cupcakes ~ that is the best part!!

I went all out and used a fancy recipe 
called Le' Pillsbury Box

Next, whip up a batch of buttercream. 
I use a recipe I learned from My Cake School.
Mmmmmmmmm, delish.

Next..assemble your groundhog pop!
Push the mini cupcakes in the bottom.
Layer with Mr Punxsutawney
Add another mini cupcake on top.
Pipe some white "snow" buttercream on top his head.


Or, if you prefer your groundhog out of his hole
place him on top of the buttercream as shown below!

Here you can find Mr. Punxsutawney Phil 
pondering his debut...


Will he see his shadow?






Or NOT?



 YO!

Visit these links for some amazing groundhog treat fun!

Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons 
The Pharma Blog 
Sweet Sugarbelle 
Gourmet Mom on the Go 

13 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

So cute I almost can't stand it. What a clever adorable thing!

Thank you so much for sharing!!

Mary Neumann said...

Trish - I saw your Groundhog Push Pops when you posted them a few weeks ago...THEY ARE THE CUTEST THINGs EVER! I featured you today @ sweetlittlebluebird.com! I LOVE your blog and all the things you share! I can't wait for Christmas next year so I can try to make your Grinch Cookies - the cutest most clever Christmas cookies I have ever seen! Have a great Groundhog Day! Cheers~Mary

Canterbury Cakes said...

I love love love these push pops - they are SO adorable!

Unknown said...

These are so cute!!! I love them... i want you to make them for me! ;)

Angela McRae said...

Cute, cute, cute! Happy Groundhog Day!

Lisa said...

These really are adorable. The worried look on his face cracks me up. I'd look worried too if I had the guy in the top hat getting all in my business...
Lisa

MsFoxsSweets said...

I love all of these ideas! Awesome job!

Susan-The Weekly Sweet Experiment said...

Cute ideas!

Two Minute Takes said...

HA! I love Sophia thinking that your first Ground Hog's shadow was his poo. Too funny.
I love your push-up Ground Hogs. Love them! My parents wedding anniversary is on Ground Hog Day so in my heart the sun is always shining on this day :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

The tastiest groundhog poop ever! LOL These are super cute.

l.vanderkirk said...

I found your blog by following the trail from Sugar Rush! Your "under-ground-hogs" in the push pops are adorable! I'm loving what I see! thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, these are SO incredibly fun and creative. Love them. xo

Tiffany Yang said...

Love those groundhog push pops. They are incredibly cute. I was in love with them when I saw them on edible craft. I just order 100 push pop containers on line today. Can't wait for them to arrive. Hopefully I can come up with some cute ideas too :D
By the way, love those mini popcorn cookies on your newest post.

 
Blogging tips