Thursday, December 13, 2012

Virtual Rainbow Baby Shower for Meaghan Mountford ~ The Decorated Cookie! Marshmallow Baby Pops!!


Marshmallow Baby Pops
Today is a GREAT day!!  

I get to join an amazing group
of talented bloggers to celebrate a Virtual Baby Shower
for someone VERY special to me... 

Please bear with the wordy post, but
this gal is pretty darn special. Not just to me
but also to my 8yr old daughter, Sophia Rose. 
  
I "met" Meaghan by way of her gig as the 
Edible Crafts editor when I submitted one of my
very first blog posts to be considered for their site.
 I was shocked when my post was accepted. 

She took a chance on a newbie blogger and even emailed
me some words of support and encouragement. 
It was awesome and I will never forget how that felt! 

From there on I became a huge fan and a friendship blossomed.
One of my VERY favorite things about Meaghan is that the ideas on her blog are often "Mom-on-the-run" and "Kid" friendly. 
You often don't need a bunch of fancy tools or mad
piping skills to create something fun with your kids.



That is more important to me than I can even 
express in words! When life turns hectic and 
Sophia and I need some "girl time".....I often find myself pulling out the edible food writers and some Marshmallows to let the conversation and creativity flow.   

It puts us both at peace and gives us smiles.   
  
When first asked to contribute to this project, I was so honored. As many of you know, Meaghan is known for her love of anything rainbow so the theme was pretty easy.....RAINBOWS!

I had planned to make a rainbow baby blanket cupcake but
Sophia had a different plan. When I told her about the cupcake idea, she insisted I change it because, "MOM! You always say that Meaghan is the decorated MARSHMALLOW Queen - you NEED to make something with a MARSHMALLOW!!"

How can I say no to that logic?



Marshmallow Baby Pops
  
  The assembly was pretty easy. 
I adhered everything w/ a dab or two of corn syrup.
The white spot in the middle of the candy necklace 
piece is a dab of royal icing. 
My candy necklaces did not have purple, so I took one of the
white pieces and colored it with my purple edible writer.
The rest is pretty obvious!
The sprinkles used were Wilton Hearts, Flowers 
and Confetti along with some Royal Icing eyes. 
        

As many of you know and for those of you who don't Meaghan has quite "decorated" medical history.  
So...you see this baby (Miss Violet is GORGEOUS!) 
is truly the pot of gold at the end of a RAINBOW!
    
    I am just so grateful to contribute to this project. 
This might not be the most fancy thing you will ever see, but
it comes from the heart and it reminds me of Meaghan and what
she represents for my daughter and I, the one and only...
DECORATED MARSHMALLOW QUEEN!

We love ya Meaghan!
Congrats on Baby Girl #2! 






All of these other awesome bloggers are also 
participating in the rainbow shower!

1.  Vanilla Bean BakerBaby's First Christmas
2.  Not Your Momma's Cookie - Rainbow Swaddled Baby Cookies
3.  Crazy for CrustRainbow Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
4.  Dollhouse Bake Shoppe - Rainbow Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
5.  Creative FoodRainbow Pancakes
6.  Hoosier HomemadeRainbow Jar Cupcakes
7.  Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons - Rainbow Smores Pops
8.  Pink Little CakeBaby at the End of the Rainbow Cake
9.  Love From the OvenRainbow Cake Pop Cupcakes
10. Munchkin MunchiesRainbow Balloon Cookies
11. The Baked EquationRainbow Baby Shower Cookies
12. SweetologyMarshmallow Baby Pops
13. Sugar SwingsRainbow Madeleines
14. Pint Sized BakerRainbow Meringue Tarts
15. Bird on a Cake - Rainbow Petal Cake
16. Haniela'sRainbow Centerpiece
17. Miss Candiquik - Marshmallow Baby Bottles

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know this story behind how you and Meaghan met. What a lovely, heartfelt post Trish and little Sophia was right. Marshmallows were the perfect treat to decorate and you could not have possibly done them any more adorable that what you did.

team ecoSycle said...

OMG! Two of my favorite things combined! I just checked the cupboards and I have everything I nedd to make this.

Unknown said...

THese are just the cutest!
Adorable!

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com said...

These are adorable...i bet Meaghan just loves these!

Anonymous said...

SO cute...and perfect for Meaghan!!

Pink Little Cake said...

Wow, I didn't know how you and Meaghan met either. This is a great post, "Mom on the Go" is the perfect way to put in words the little treats Meaghan make.
My little one enjoys making them also and we had had some really fun times drawing and eating marshmallows.

Sue said...

What a perfect idea for Meahgan! These tickled me when I first spotted them:) Their adorableness is over the rainbow!

Michelle | Creative Food said...

These are the cutest Marshmallow pops ever!! Perfect for the " decorated Marshmallow Queen"! :)

Beth @HungryHappenings said...

Your marshmallows are fantastic! They are so cute and so easy and so colorful. Tell your daughter her idea was perfect for Meaghan!

I got too busy to join in on the baby shower, but am so glad to hear Meaghan and her baby are doing well.

the decorated cookie said...

Love you. Love Sophia. Love rainbows. Love marshmallows. Sophia was absolutely right!! I didn't think I could cry harder, but dang it, I had to stop by here. My hugest thank you ever, and when we meet for reals, you and Sophia will get the biggest hugs ever! I might even kiss you. Violet definitely will. THANK YOU!!!!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

What a sweet story!! These pops are adorable. I love them!

HoosierHomemade said...

Those are adorable! What a fun treat! It was great being in the Virtual Baby Shower with you!
~Liz@HoosierHomemade

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

These are so darn cute - a good idea Sophia.
Judith

MissCandiquik said...

ahh - love these!!

Erin said...

LOVE these!!! So dang cute!

Unknown said...

These gals turned out WONDERFUL! Way too cute not to love! I was so happy to have been a part of the shower!

 
Blogging tips